Art In City Hall has issued a call to Philadelphia area artists for the next exhibition in historic City Hall.
Theme: Meta-Fiber, part of FiberPhiladelphia2012 it is open to artists working in non-traditional ways and with non-traditional materials that utilize fiber and textile art making techniques such as weaving, sewing, applique`, quilting...Non traditional materials may include: recyclables, post-industrial, organic, or repurposed products.
Juror: Sarah Archer, Chief Curator, Philadelphia Art Alliance.
Open to Philadelphia area artists working in all media.
Exhibition display case dimensions are 84” H x 94” W x 30”D. There are 7 display cases.
Rules for Entry
1. Deadline for submission: Received by Monday, February 20, 2012. You can submit up to four works in the form of digitals. No entry fee.
2. Please submit jpegs on a CD. Each image should be no larger than 1MB. Please call or email if you have questions.
3. Each jpeg file name should correlate with the entry form. You may include up to 3 details of each work. Each artist must include a brief artist statement (no longer than two paragraphs) and resume as Word documents or PDFs.
4. Return the completed entry form with your digital submission and include a S.A.S.E ONLY if you wish to have your disc returned to you.
5. If you are unable to submit work in a digital format, please contact Art In City Hall for assistance.
Exhibition Dates: March 12—May 11, 2012